BCOM 275 All Class Assignments and DQs A Graded Material
BCOM 275 Week 1 Individual Exercise 1.1
Completeexercise 1.1 from Ch. 1 of Communicating in the Workplace.
Choosetwo misunderstandings you experienced and fill out the chart for these.
Respondto questions 1 and 2 shown under the chart for each example of a misunderstanding. In your response, include the following:
- Cite a meaningful misunderstanding rather than a general or less material misunderstanding.
- Use business- or work-related examples rather than personal ones.
Identify the roles of the sender and receiver, such as manager, peer, subordinate, client, vendor, and so forth.
BCOM 275 week 2 Individual Assignment Demonstrative Communication Paper
Writea 700- to 1,050-word paper describing demonstrative communication. Demonstrative communication includes nonverbal and unwritten communication and involves such things as facial expressions, tone of voice, body language, and so forth. Include the following elements in your paper:
- Provide examples showing how demonstrative communication can be effective and ineffective, positive and negative, for the sender and receiver.
- Explain how demonstrative communication involves listening and responding.
Formatyour paper consistent with APA guidelines.
BCOM 275 week 3 Individual Assignment Article Rebuttal
Locatean article on a controversial subject where the author makes an argument you do not agree with.
Writea 350- to 700-word rebuttal to the article using valid arguments and supporting data. In the rebuttal, offer an analysis in which you do the following:
- Analyze the reliability, credibility, and validity of the data used by the author.
- Identify any logical fallacies in the argument.
Formatyour rebuttal consistent with APA guidelines.
BCOM 275 week 3 Team Assignment Learning Team Debate Paper Outline
Resources:Debate Paper assignment requirements located in Week Five.
Createan outline for the Debate Paper that will be used to write the paper. Include all references to be used in the paper.
Resource: Over 30 Workers Trapped After Chilean Copper Mine Collapse article found in the Electronic Reserve Readings.
Researchadditional articles and information about the Chilean mine collapse.
BCOM 275 week 4 Individual Assignment Knowing Your Audience Paper and Communication Release
Writea 700- to 1,050-word paper using this and other articles as a resource. Because communications must be designed with the audience in mind, answer the following questions:
- What are some considerations to remember given the different roles and people in the audience?
- What would be the potential needs of the families of the miners in receiving a message about this incident?
- What would be the potential needs of the company s employees when receiving a message about this incident?
- What actions must you take before and after the message is delivered to ensure that it was received as intended?
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Drafttwo communications from the mining company announcing the accident, using what you have learned about the audience and effective messages. One communication should be directed to the families of the trapped miners and the other as an internal news release to employees in the company. For both, identify the most appropriate channel face-to-face, e-mail, video, memo, and so on.
BCOM 275 Week 5 Learning Team Debate Paper, Should Children Be Exposed to Social Media?
Resource:Learning Team Debate Paper Outline
Writea 1,750- to 2,100-word debate paper in which the team creates a debate of a current event or other controversial topic and provides an analysis of arguments presented for both sides. Complete the following in the paper:
- Introduction: Introduce the issue that is the subject of the debate
- Include a minimum of two but no more than four arguments for the pro and con sides of the debate.
- Evaluate any potential ethical, moral, or legal issues.
- Identify the team s determination of the more persuasive argument.
- Reflect on the arguments presented and reveal the team s consensus.
- Base the conclusion solely on the pro and con arguments.
- Include a rebuttal of weaker arguments.
- Explain why the selected arguments were more persuasive.
Formatthe paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Citeat least three sources.
Selectone of the following countries:
Createa 350- to 500-word cultural evaluation in which you identify the ways that arguments or presentation of the arguments would need to be changed as the result of cultural differences in the country.
Formatthe evaluation consistent with APA guidelines.