For this task, you will use the Shuzworld case study (see Web Links section below). You will need to read the entire case study to be able to complete this task correctly.
As the operations consultant for Shuzworld, you have been asked to provide recommendations after analyzing the following problems and applying the appropriate decision analysis tool to help you with your recommendation.
By utilizing excel om or pom software.
You have been asked to look at the data used to determine the various costs of building a new stand-alone store, building one in a strip mall, or not building one at all.
In addition, there is a store already under construction that must be built in time for the planned grand opening. It is currently behind schedule. It would be better to run over costs than to be late in finishing.
For this task, you will prepare a report to present your analysis and recommend solutions to the problems presented in the following tasks. Senior management will be interested in understanding why you chose the decision analysis tool you did to develop your recommendations.
Create a report
A. Recommend whether Shuzworld should build the proposed stand-alone store, the strip mall store, or not proceed with construction, utilizing the appropriate decision analysis tool.
1. Submit a copy of the output from your decision analysis tool of choice.
a. Explain why you chose the decision analysis tool you used.
2. Discuss two important factors that Shuzworld should consider while evaluating location alternatives for a new store.
B. Recommend project techniques that can be used with the construction project plan for the store being built.
1. Present a network diagram indicating the critical path.
C. Evaluate the trade-offs of allocating production line workers to minimize production costs.
1. Recommend a production mix that maximizes profits for Shuzworld s Shanghai plant, utilizing the appropriate decision analysis tool.
a. Submit a copy of the output from your decision analysis tool of choice.
i. Explain why you chose the decision analysis tool you used.
D. Evaluate Shuzworld s reordering practices at the Baltimore store,utilizing a Monte Carlo simulation to evaluate variables that exhibit random (probabilistic) behavior as inputs to a 20-day inventory simulation.
E. Discuss ways to give Shuzworld a competitive advantage by doing the following:
1. Recommend a human resources strategy to improve employee efficiency and effectiveness in the operations segments of Shuzworld.
2. Discuss applicable operations management philosophies that focus on reducing waste and increasing efficiency in Shuzworld s production processes.