This question from book : accounting principles 9th for Jerry J. Weygandt, Paul D. Kimmel, Donald E. Kieso
E3-4 Emeril Corporation encounters the following situations:
1. Emeril collects $1,000 from a customer in 2010 for services to be performed in 2011.
2. Emeril incurs utility expense which is not yet paid in cash or recorded.
3. Emeril’s employees worked 3 days in 2010, but will not be paid until 2011.
4. Emeril earned service revenue but has not yet received cash or recorded the transaction.
5. Emeril paid $2,000 rent on December 1 for the 4 months starting December 1.
6. Emeril received cash for future services and recorded a liability until the revenue was
7. Emeril performed consulting services for a client in December 2010. On December 31, it
billed the client $1,200.
8. Emeril paid cash for an expense and recorded an asset until the item was used up.
9. Emeril purchased $900 of supplies in 2010; at year-end, $400 of supplies remain unused.
10. Emeril purchased equipment on January 1, 2010; the equipment will be used for 5 years.
11. Emeril borrowed $10,000 on October 1, 2010, signing an 8% one-year note payable.
Identify what type of adjusting entry (prepaid expense, unearned revenue, accrued expense, accrued
revenue) is needed in each situation, at December 31, 2010.
Please help with this question