Gambino’s Pizza operates strictly on a carryout basis. Customers pick up their orders at a counter where a clerk exchanges the pizza for cash. While at the counter, the customer can see other employees making the pizzas and the large ovens in which the pizzas are baked.
Match the principles of internal control with the examples of each principle that you might observe when picking up your pizza.
Documentation procedures – -12345
Independent internal verification – -12345
Physical controls – -12345
Segregation of duties – -12345
Establishment of responsibility – -12345
1. The counter clerk, in handling the pizza, compares the size of the pizza with the size indicated on the order.
2. The counter clerk is responsible for handling cash. Other employees are responsible for making the pizzas.
3. The counter clerk uses your order invoice (ticket) in registering the sale on the cash register. The cash register produces a tape of all sales.
4. Employees who make the pizzas do not handle cash.
5. A cash register is used to record the sale.